Saturday, January 27, 2007

On To Plan B

Well it should be obvious to everyone by now that my plan to solve the problems in the middle east with barbeque did not work.I still think that some Dreamland Ribs would smooth everything over but, alas that will never be. Not being one to be stopped by a singular failure, I am moving on to Plan B.

I asked myself, what would stop those folks from fighting? Well, what started them to fighting? The first thing that came to my mind was that God made dirt and soon after that everyone in the middle east started fighting, but in more recent times, it looks like the creation of the modern State of Israel may have had a lot to do with it. Now it is obvious that the Israelis deserve a country. I don't think that even the Arabs would deny that. They just don't want it located in their neighboorhood. So I ask myself, what is so special about the Holy Land. I know, a lot went on there, but isn't God everywhere? Would he not be with is people if their country was somewhere else? But where? Well I think I have the answer. South Florida. The nation of Israel is about 8000 square miles in area. The five southern most counties in Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Monroe and Collier) are about 8400 square miles in area. I know, its a little more, but after all the everglades are in there and they are really not too hospitable of a habitat.

There are already a lot of Jewish people down there, they would probably want to just stay. Now that Castro is fixing to croak, most of the Cubans will probably want to be moving back to Cuba. I know that some of the Israelis living in the middle east might want to stay there. I don't guess that would be too much of a problem, I understand that Muslims, Christians and Jews lived side by side fairly peaceably in the old state of Palestine before the new nation of Israel was created. They probably could again. As for the state of Florida, they have plenty of land. If it seems like too much of an inconvience to give up 8400 sq mi, I am sure that my state of Alabama and the good folks in Georgia could spare them a strip of land along our southern border to help offset the loss.

I know, some of you are gonna find fault with my plan, so if you have a better idea, lets hear it.

No comments: