Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Forwarding Emails

Every day, I get several emails that urge me to send a copy on to all of my friends. Before I do, I first read the email to make sure I agree with what it is saying, next I consider the ultimate good or harm that sending it on will do and finally, I look it up on Snopes . After I do these three things, I hardly ever have to forward an email.

This morning I got an email from a friend titled " Traitor to be Honored! Do you agree?". I thought that title sounded familiar and when I opened it, I knew that I had seen it before. It involves an award that was given to Jane Fonda in 1999. Thats right, 1999. This email is trying to prevent something from happening that happened in 1999. You can read about it here if you like. Now don't get me wrong, I am no big Jane Fonda fan, a lot of what she did was wrong, but as you will see if you read the article, some of the worst of what she is accused of she did not do. Also, what she did was a long time ago. Today we have a lot more important things to worry about than what Jane Fonda did in the early 1970's.

The next time you get an email that urges you to forward it as quicky as possible to all your friends, stop and do what I do. It can save a lot of bandwidth and might keep your friends from thinking you are one of those things that David Hannum said is born every minute.

No comments: