Saturday, January 20, 2007

The World Just Keeps Getting Stranger

There are some people with some

[DEAD LINK]
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/parenting/01/18/designerd.disability.ap/index.html

weird ideas in this world.

I noticed with interest the comment of Cara Reynolds of Collingswood, New Jersey. " 'You cannot tell me that I cannot have a child who's going to look like me,' Reynolds said. 'It's just unbelievably presumptuous and they're playing God.' "

Got me to thinking about the phrase 'playing God.' When I look at the mess this world has become just in my short lifetime, I think that playing must have been what God was doing when he created us. Surely no omnipotent being would create a screwed up mess like this on purpose. I think that he was just playing around and this is what resulted.

No comments: