Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hosford, Florida

This morning I read

[DEAD LINK]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070125/ts_nm/globalwarming_dc_1

an article on Yahoo News that said that "World sea levels will keep rising for more than 1,000 years even if governments manage to slow a projected surge in temperatures." This is according to a study done by or for the United Nations. So, looks like the old lets stop global warming to avert a catastrophe is like closing the barn door after the mule has got out. Nope, the thing to do now is not to worry about stopping it, but figure out how to live with it. It immediately came to my mind that one of the more valuable things around today is ocean front real estate. I remember reading somewhere a prediction that oceans levels are gonna be raising about 100 feet due to global warming. What that means to me is that the current shore line is gonna be 100 feet under water and anything that is now at 100 elevation is gonna be beach front. I went to Worldatlas.com and found little Hosford, Florida. It is currently 125 ft above sea level. That means when the oceans rise 100 ft, Hosford is gonna be beach front with 25 feet to spare. Got to get down there and buy me up some of that future beach front. I doubt that I will live to see it, but one of these days my great great grand children will probably be selling off chunks of beach front to developers who want to build condos.

No comments: