Wednesday, January 03, 2007

People who don't know their own email address

Apparently there are a lot of them. Almost everyday, I get an email from someone responding to a person who had filled out a form, requested information or even placed an order and gave my email address instead of their own. Often times these emails contain passwords that would enable me to log on to the sites if I wanted to. Recently some 21 year old guy in California created a myspace page and gave my email address instead of his own. Whats with these people? Do they not care enough about what they are doing to at least get their email address correct?

Some woman in Minnesota must have given my email address to everybody she knows. I am constantly getting newsletters, notices of classes and even receipts for apartments rentals in Paris all intended for her. Once I tried to figure out what her correct email address was using information from the internet, but the person I contacted said that I had reached the wrong person. I always attempt to contact the sender and let them know they have the wrong email address. Sometimes they send me back a thank you, sometimes they just quit sending and a few of them just keep right on sending me the information even after I have advised them of the mistake. I guess that editing their address book is just too difficult.

No comments: