Monday, January 01, 2007

My letter to my Congressman

This it the text of the email I just sent my Congressman:

Happy New Year. At this time of the year many of us
take the time to make New Year's Resolutions. This
year, I am making one resolution. It is to do all I
can to get our brave troops home from Iraq before
another New Years rolls around. I know that some say
that if we withdraw from Iraq that it will collapse.
I remember when we were told the same thing about
Vietnam. It was not true then, it is not true now.
I am just one person with a small circle of friends
and family. I can not do much. You are in a position
to do much. I call on you to look into your heart
and ask yourself, "will the world be a better place
if we withdraw from Iraq?" If your answer is the same
as mine, please take any action you can to bring our
men and women home.

If you would like to write your congressman, you can do so at this site.

No comments: