Saturday, March 17, 2007

WWJD

A few years back, I started seeing bumper stickers with WWJD on them. Here in the Birmingham area we have or at least had a radio station whose call letters were WJLD. At first I mistook the stickers for those of the radio station. Then, when I got some new glasses, I realized that the letters were WWJD instead of WJLD. Being somewhat naive, I still though this was a bumper sticker for a radio station. Then I found out that the letters stood for "What would Jesus Do?" Sort of a guideline for Christians. When presented with a situation, just ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

I have some friends that apparently still think that George W. Bush hung the moon. A couple of weeks ago I got an email from one of them that described something that Bush had done as being "Christ-like." I know that George W. Bush says he is a Christian and I will take his word for it, but I don't think that he asks himself WWJD very often. When I read this article I asked myself WWJD. I did not come up with the same answer that it appears that Mr Bush and Mr Cheney did.

No comments: