Saturday, March 24, 2007

Free To Choose

Being a libertarian, I advocate that everyone be free to choose his or her lifestyle without interference so long as it does not impact the lifestyle of others in a negative way. When I say impact in a negative way, I mean a real impact, not some imagined one like you saying "cracker" hurts my feelings.

Feeling that way, I respect the right of these people to live like they have chosen, but they are pretty far out in left field. Granted, this guy is doing this only as an experiment, only for one year, and apparently to obtain a book deal. So, this may be more of a gimmick than anything else may. However, during my lifetime, I have known many people who have gone off on just such a tangent. To me, this is an act of self-flagellation. Something deep down in some peoples psyche seems to demand that they suffer.

No comments: