Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Trademarks and Copyrights

I for one think that trademark and copyright law has gotten out of hand in the United States. I've thought that for quite some time but when I read this article, I knew it was time to holler "calf rope." Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with the Latter Day Saints Church (Mormons.) In fact I've yet to meet a Mormon that I did not like. They all seem to be nice folks and I have several Mormon relatives. So I'm not taking a swipe at them because of any bias. The LDS says that Moroni is an angel of God but yet they say that they have him trademarked. Now, somebody explain to me, how do you trademark and angel of God? What's next? Will the Catholics trademark the Virgin Mary? Will the Southern Baptist trademark Jesus? Will the Jews claim that they saw God first and trademark him? Are we approaching the point where I have to say that I believe in the unspecified deity that is the son of the one and only supreme unspecified deity so as not to run afoul of the trademark laws?

No comments: