Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This News Report Reminds Me Of A Story

When I read the last line of

[DEAD LINK]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_sc/polar_trek

this news article I was reminded of a story one of my supervisors once told me.

It seems that there was once a man who insisted that he was dead. His family argued with him but to no avail. Finally, being very concerned with his mental state, they insisted that he go see a doctor. He agreed to their requests. The doctor tried to reason with the man that he was not dead, but the man continued to insist that he was dead. Finally, the doctor asked the man, "Do dead men bleed?" The man said no, dead men don't bleed. With that, the doctor took a pin and pricked the mans finger and a drop of blood appeared. The man looked at the doctor and said, I was wrong, dead men do bleed.


It also reminds me of a plaque which that same supervisor had on his desk. It said "My mind is made up, don't try to confuse me with facts."

No comments: