Friday, March 03, 2006

In the future I will abstain from voting

Lately I have been seeing the road signs indicating that its politicking season. Time for the May primaries and the November general election. Immediately when I see those signs I begin to ask myself, who am I gonna vote for. Today I have the answer, none of them. That’s right, I am not gonna vote for any of them. Why you ask? Because they are all a bunch of parasites. Good honest, hard working people don't run for public office because they are out working hard. The folks that do run are mostly lazy carpetbaggers or manipulative psychopaths. Which one am I gonna vote for the carpetbagger or the psycho? It’s my duty as a citizen to vote you say. Bullshit, I say. I have no duty to sanction the actions of people who's only interest is to line their own pockets with money forcible taken from others or the actions of control freaks that want to manage every action of their fellow man right down to how much water he can use to flush his toilet.

No the time for my participation in the farce called the political system is over. I'll still show up at the polls to vote on specific proposals like a tax increase, or a state lottery but the days of me standing in line to chose between two losers who probably both ought to be in prison instead of in office are done.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Did you ever see the Bush-Kerry politically spun South Park episode to vote for a new mascot... a Turd Sandwich or a Giant Douche? You'd like it.

Pentonville said...

That is one of the episodes that I missed, but it certainly sounds like one I would enjoy.