Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bush's Legacy

I come from a part of the country that thinks that "W" hung the moon. Personally I am a lot less enamoured with the guy. Whether you like him, dislike him or ignore him, one thing is for certain, his legacy is gonna haunt you, your kids, your grandkids and probably your great grandkids. I read the other day that under his watch, federal spending has increased by half. I took that to mean that for every dollar we spent before, now we are spending a dollar and a half. Unfortunately, it is money we don't have .

We are quickly becoming a nation of indebted servants. I know that the Congress is equally to blame since they are the ones that come up with the spending bills, but everyone knows what to expect of Congress. Mark Twain said it best. "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself." The trouble is "W" has yet to issue a veto. He can't seem to find a government expenditure that he does not love. I see where now he is asking for a line item veto. Maybe if they give it to him he can finally find something to not spend money on, but I fear that it is gonna be way too little, way too late. I wonder how all those black "W The President" stickers are gonna look to us when we are sitting in the poor house.

No comments: