Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cable HiSpeed

I have Charter HiSpeed. My daughter had it installed when she lived here and I have maintained it since she moved. All and all I am fairly satisfied with it. Previously I had used dialup and then satellite. Cable is faster than dialup and not as much trouble as satellite. I do have one little peeve though. I keep seeing Charter's advertisement where they claim to have speeds of 3 Mbps. I even received a card in the mail a few days ago urging me to abandon dialup and step up to Charter's 3Mbps service. The problem is that their actual speed is no where near 3 Mbps. I just checked it a few minutes ago and the upload speed was 117 kbps, download was 371 kbps. Now don't get me wrong, 117/371 are quite respectable speeds but it seems to me that if you advertise 3 Mbps you should at least come close to that, say 2.5 or greater.

No comments: