Monday, March 13, 2006

Back to Gardening

For the last couple of years, I have not done any gardening. Year before last I did have a few tomato plants, last year nothing.

This past fall I planted a couple of patches of turnips. Last week I tilled up one of the turnip patches. The other I am gonna let go to seed, just to see what happens. I also tilled a small patch adjacent to where the white oak tree fell back in 2001.

Today I planted lettuce, spinach, radishes and onions. The lettuce and spinach are in the "white oak patch" along with some turnips I planted last week. The other items are in the "satellite dish patch". Later on I am gonna plant some tomato plants and pepper plants in that patch. Granted these little patches won't cure world hunger but they should make a nice addition to my menus.

One of these days, I am gonna plant some potatoes again like I did before I retired. Potatoes are a fun crop to grow and harvest.

No comments: