Thursday, May 11, 2006

We Carry

We being the people who live in my state and a majority of the states in the United States. If you have to ask "Carry What?", then you probably need to hyperlink over to some other blog.

This morning I was reading an article by Greg Perry . He was relating that the right to carry is not a second amendment right, but a inalienable right. That reminded me of something that happened a few years ago. Linda and I were attending the wedding of a friends daughter. The wedding was being held in Methodist Church in a college town in central Alabama. We were sitting there in the church and Linda noticed a bulge in my right front pocket. She reached down and touched the bulge, looked at me and said, "are you packing?" I nodded that I was. "In a church?" she asked. Again I nodded that I was. She looked at me kind of quizically. I leaned over and told her not to worry, God didn't mind, he was the one that gave me the right to carry in the first place.

No comments: