Friday, May 19, 2006

US Highway 11 Antique Alley Sale May 2006

Yesterday I shopped the Birmingham – Chattanooga leg of the subject sale. My past experience led me to start at Argo, AL. Not many sales until I reached Whitney Junction (intersection of US 11 and US 231.) It may have been because it was a Thursday or because gasoline prices are high but there were not as many vendors or customers as in years past. Attalla AL, Fort Payne AL, and Trenton GA continue to be the sites of the most concentrated activity.

I would enjoy hearing from anyone who has any experience with any of the other Highway Yard Sales located around the country. Not so much the 127 sale because I am fairly familiar with that one, but would appreciate any suggestions for the others. If you have comments or suggestions about any of the sales, especially those in the southeast, you can add them as a comment to this posting. Or, if you prefer, you can email them to me at pentonville@gmail.com

No comments: