Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pepsi One

I've always been a Coca-Cola drinker. Not diet Coke, or Coke with some other additive like lime juice, vanilla or cherry. Nope just straight classic Coke. As I've gotten older my waist line has expanded and I had to start substituting something else for some of my Cokes. Black coffee works well, but sometimes I want something cold and sweet tasting. Last summer I started drinking Crystal Lite lemonade and orangeade. They were both good but both of them contain Aspertame. I'm not an alarmist and not really worried about Aspertame poisoning, but some of my joints that are mildly arthiritic started to ache more than usual. I read that Aspertame can increase arthiritic symptoms so I switched to diet drinks sweetened with Splenda. The best ones that I had found are Diet 7UP and the Diet Rite Tangerine.

Yesterday I was in Wal-mart and noticed that they had Pepsi One. This past weekend I read that Pepsi One is sweetened with Splenda. I got a two liter bottle and tried it. It is really good. I have to admit that it is without a doubt the best diet cola that I have even drank. Of course I am still a Coke drinker and my non diet drink of choice will still be Classic Coke, but Pepsi One has definitely found a place in with the Diet 7Up and Diet Rite in my refrigerator.

No comments: