Sunday, May 28, 2006

Veggie Car Update

From time to time I see articles on line or tv spots about conversion of diesels to run on vegetable oil. I also see a good many posts in the various newsgroups and forums I frequent. For the most part the articles and tv spots are just human interest, with a little talk about high fuel prices. The newsgroup posting on the other hand run the range from people looking for information to folks who act like someone in commiting blasphmey just mentioning it. The most recent article I read prompted me to give a status report on my veggie car.

Since I completed the conversion in April 2005, I have put 5328 miles on the veggie car (1979 Mercedes 300D). Most of this has been using waste vegetable oil as fuel. I do use diesel for startup, warmup and shutdown. While 5000 miles is not long enough to judge the long term effects of running WVO, so far, so good.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Right on!

I am coming up on 10,000 WVO miles on my 84 300d veggie car.

I have had no problems either.

Veggie Cars Rock!

Greg

Pentonville said...

Great to hear. Gives me something to look forward to.