Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Next President

Those of you who know me best (by the way, y'all are the only ones that read this blog, I don't even read it myself) know that one of my pet theories is the 'Presidental Deterioration Theory' or PDT. Stated simply, it says that since the early 20th century, each President of the United States has been worse than his predecessor. Maybe wrong, maybe right, its just a theory I have based on my observations.

Given that the politicing for the next presidental race is heavily underway, I decided to apply my theory and see if I could predict who the next president will be. Notice I didn't say who the winner will be. Believe me, if the PDT holds up, the next one definitely won't be a 'winner'.

First of all, I double checked to make sure that Hitler, Stalin and Chairman Mao were all still dead. Next I checked to assure myself that Charlie Manson was still in prison. With those tasks out of the way, I surveyed the field and I can report that we have a definite front runner. If the PDT continues to hold up, Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States. She is the only one of the existing candidates that can possibly be worse than Bush.

One cavet, if the decider, who by his own proclamations is above the law, decides that the 22th amendment to the constitution does not apply to him and decides to succeed himself, then he would be the next President. In that case, the PDT would definitely be working cause I am sure that a third term would be worse than the second.

No comments: