Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Find This Interesting

I find the last sentence

[DEAD LINK]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070228/ap_on_re_us/padilla_terror_charges_6

of this article interesting. I originally thought that this was the guy that tried to light his shoe on fire, but according to this article, he is being charged with "being part of a North American terror support cell that provided money, recruits and supplies to Islamic extremist groups." Islamic extremist groups? For my part, I differentiate between extremist groups and terror groups. I know people that think that Jerry Falwell is a Christian extremist. Does that mean I can be charged with a crime if I provide support for Rev. Falwell? Or, is the article wrong and Padilla is actually being charged with providing support to Islamic terrorist groups? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: