Thursday, September 21, 2006

11 Billion Here, 11 Billion There, Pretty Soon ....

You are talking about some real money to paraphrase Everitt Dirkson. OK so we spend
eleven billion dollars and countless hours of waiting in line for honest Americans to implement the Real ID act and then what? Well if I were a terrorist and wanted or needed a drivers license, I would just use a fake social security card or fake birth certificate and get me a Real ID drivers license. Or better yet, forget about the drivers license and pick some act of terrorism that does not require a drivers license like contaminating a local food supply with e coli.

I wrote my congressman and told him that I thought that Real ID was an expensive, useless boondoggle. He wrote me back and said he liked it, he had co-sponsored it and he voted for it. Guess who I won't be voting for next November.

No comments: