Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sister Woman's Children

I have found sister woman's children. No not my sister, sister woman from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." You remember them, the little no neck monsters. Well I have found them and guess what, they are all policemen. I rode by a police car parked on a residential street this morning with his radar set up to get all the folks driving 40 mph to work in a 35 mph zone. Just as I passed him, I looked to the side to see what he looked like and there he was, one of sister woman's kids. You know what I mean. Instead of a head and neck, he just had this big truncated cone sitting on top of his shoulders.

I was immediately reminded of an accident I had in downtown Birmingham a few years back. I was driving along on 3rd Ave North, a one way going west, and a lady from out of town made a left turn out of the middle lane right into the side of my Datsun. I called the police and about an hour later a police car arrived. The policeman instructed us to drive to a parking lot down by the interstate. It was raining so he did not get out of his car. Instead, he had me and this lady stand in the rain and tell him what happened while he wrote it up. I notice at the time that he had no neck. Also he apparently had a bad case of hemorrhoids or a risen on his ass because he sat cocked one sided in the seat.

Since that time to the present, I have seen a lot of no neck policemen and few no neck police women, but it had never occurred to me until this morning that what I was seeing was sister woman's kids. Next time I see one of them I'm gonna stop and ask them if they have heard from Maggie the Cat lately.

No comments: