Friday, April 07, 2006

IVOTD4W

I live in Central Alabama. I've lived here all my life. The county where I grew up is mostly democratic, but for the past 30 years I have lived across the river in a republican county. Everywhere you turn are those little black "W The President" bumper stickers. Because this county is so strongly republican I was not too surprised to see a custom license tag the other day with IVOTD4W on it. I suspect that most of my neighbors could truthfully have that very same tag on their vehicle. Considering some of the things that have become known lately, I wonder if those folks are having second thoughts about their tag? Probably not, like I said this is a republican county and one thing I have learned about the republicans and the democrats during my lifetime is they are loyal to their party's candidates. I think it was Huey P. Long that said the only way he could fail to get re-elected was if he was found in bed with a live boy or a dead girl. I'm not sure even that would stop the folks around here if the candidate were a republican.

No comments: