Saturday, February 18, 2006

Driver's License For Illegal Aliens

I just finished reading this article and it caused me to ask myself a question, "what difference does it make if an illegal alien has a drivers license?" If they don't have one, does that stop them from driving? If they do have one, aren't they still an illegal alien? I'm always reading about illegals getting detained and released without deportation. By all accounts, the borders of the United States are like a sieve. Will these be any less of a problem if it gets harder for an illegal to get a driver's license? Why then is it so damn important to try to keep illegals from getting drivers license? What good does it do to deny them a drivers license? Is this whole thing a strawman?

It seems to me that the people that we have elected to run this country ask all the wrong questions, come up with the wrong answers to those questions and then implement flawed strategies to work their incorrect solutions. If they manage to do something correctly, its appears to be mostly by accident. I've said it before and I will say it again. I would not let the folks in government operate the basement apartment of an outdoor toliet for me.

No comments: