Monday, November 06, 2006

Dumber Than A Bag Of Hammers

Jim Cramer on his CNBC show Mad Money occasionally says that something or someone is "dumber than a bag of hammers." On at least one occasion he actually brought in a bag filled with claw hammers to emphasize his point. It is a phrase that I have heard many times over the course of my life. I do not know where it originated but I like it. When I read this Capitol Hill Blue article this morning, I was immediately reminded of "dumber than a bag of hammers."

I know that there are a lot of people who believe that the current members of the executive branch of government in this country are involved in a vast conspiracy. I have to admit that at times, I myself have wondered if there were not some covert motives behind many of their actions, but this latest screwup has pretty well convinced me that the whole bunch is just "dumber than a bag of hammers."

No comments: