Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nobody Is Wrong All The Time

But sometimes it seems that I can come pretty damn close. I was just reading an article on al.com and of course since it is football season, it was about football. Actually since it was on al.com it does not make any difference that it is football season cause most al.com articles are about football, 24/7/365. Anyway, after I read the article, I drifted down to the comments prepared to once again be overcome by the stupidity. Well, to my amazement, the comments were lucid and to the point and more amazingly, even though there were comments by both AU and UA fans, the comments were quite civil. This, right after I had just tweeted a few days ago about how all the people posting comments on al.com seemed to be in bred idiots.

That is just one instance but it quickly brought to mind something that happened last night. Linda and I were watching the Braves vs the Marlins and Derrick Lee was up to bat for the Braves. I made the comment that Derrick was having a hard time recently and did not seem to be able to get a hit. The next pitch, he hit a double.

This is not a recent thing with me either. Back when I worked for a living and did a little stock investing on the side I had a co-worker and a supervisor, half jokingly I think, offer to give me $20 if I would tell them which stock I was about to buy just before I bought it. They said they were going to sell it short and make a mint. Who could blame them, at one time I had a record of about a dozen stocks in a row that immediately went down significantly right after I bought them.

I've thought about this and I believe I am prophetic. No I did not say pathetic, I said prophetic. I think that in my mind, there is a little camera that sees into the future, unfortunately it is a old film camera that does its own developing and produces negatives. So, everything I see is upside down and backwards. Kind of explains a lot doesn't it?

No comments: