Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Illegal Aliens

Every where I turn lately, I hear or see some one complaining about illegal aliens. I guess I am kind of thick, but I really don't see a lot of problem around here. Granted, they may have some problems out in Arizona and I believe they need to do what they have to do to address their problems, but I don't see much of a problem here in central Alabama. I have challenged a few people about what the problem is and I usually hear one of two things. They are taking our jobs, or we can't afford to pay them welfare and food stamps to live here.

Well, if you see someone that you are pretty certain is an illegal alien and you want the job that he or she is doing, go to their employer and tell them you want that job. When the employer tells you it is filled, go to the suspected illegal alien and tell them you are gonna report them to the INS. If they pull out a green card or a proof of citizenship, apologize and move on. If they turn tail and run, go back to the employer and sign up. Then enjoy your $5 hour weed eating job. Problem one solved.

As far as the welfare and food stamps business goes, it is not the fault of the illegal alien for taking the government subsidies, it is the fault of the government for paying them to begin with. If you don't like that an illegal alien is getting government benefits then complain to your man or woman in Montgomery. If they stop it fine, if they don't vote them out and vote someone in that will. Problem two solved.

If there are other problems that I am unaware of feel free to bring them to my attention.

No comments: