Thursday, October 04, 2007

Let He Who Is Without Sin...

As I have said before, I live in North Shelby county. To say that North Shelby is Republican would be like saying the Pope is a Catholic. When you live in North Shelby everyone, including the Alabama Republican Committee assumes you are Republican. If you have a zip code that falls in North Shelby, you get the ARC mailings, if you have an email that they can tie to North Shelby, you get their emailings. I admit that quite often I do vote for the Republican candidate, sometimes just like citizens of the old USSR voted for the communist candidate but that is not what is on my mind this morning.

Lately the ARC emails have been making a big todo about double dipping. Seems a lot of, according to the ARC, Alabama Democrats are drawing money from the state from two different sources i.e. double dipping. Can't say I am too surprised. Of course the implication is that double dipping is crooked. What? A politician do something crooked?

I don't correspond with the ARC, they send me emails, some I read, some I delete without reading. If I were going to respond to the ARC emails, I would have to say that to me, double dipping is like double murder. Is murder any less of a sin than double murder? Is stealing any less of a sin than double stealing? If you are a member of an organization that forceably takes money from people, wastes most of it, but splits the remainder up among the members, is your crime any less because you only receive one share instead of two?

No comments: