Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Southerners Are Two Faced

After I posted the item about John McCain's doppleganger (or doppelganger if you prefer) I got to thinking about what I had said about Jerry Thomley being nice to your face. Not a nice thing to say, true, just not nice. And as Jerry has gone on to meet his maker, I guess I got to feeling a little guilty, since we have all been taught to not speak bad of the dead.

Well, I thought about it a bit and realized that yes, Jerry was two faced, but he was also a good southerner, and we all are two faced. That is the way our mamas raised us. They told us to be nice and polite to everyone, even the folks you dislike. Looking back on it, I was always nice to him as well, even when I disliked what he was saying or doing. So don't think less of him because he was nice to people he disagreed with, its as southern as fried catfish or great pork BBQ.

No comments: