Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Decide For Yourself

I read this week that the Bush administration is touting the fact that employment figures are better now than they were during the Clinton administration. That may well be true. I don't pay much attention to government figures. Having worked for many years for a public utility as a 'figurer' I take figures with a grain of salt. Besides, even if employment is better overall, that might not be the case for me personally. Rather than watching the FOXCBSNBCABCCNN nightly news to figure out how things are going, people would be better served to just ask themselves, how am I doing? Am I better off now than I was last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago? That is what is really important, not what some newscaster reports about some figures compiled by a bureaucrat.

No comments: