Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Trends

Now that I have a grandson, I have been thinking more of what kind of world he is gonna grow up in. I think that if current trends continue, he can expect that the government will not allow him to get his driver's license until he is 21. He won't be allowed to legally consume alcohol before he is 25, but he will face 6 years of mandatory military service at age 14. I know that a lot of you think I am kidding, that my tounge is in my cheek, but think about it. Is that not the path that we are currently on. Others of you may say that such things are silly. Well you can take it from me that most of what we are experiencing right now would have be considered quite silly by my parents generation and reason for open rebellion by my grandparent's generation. No, it is not as crazy as you might think. We are all frogs and the government is slowly turning up the heat. When TSA agents can confiscate toothpaste as a potential bomb threat, the other things I mentioned don't really seem that far fetched.

No comments: