Saturday, August 26, 2006

Whats Next?

I won't bore you with another recount of how bad the current administration is. If you want a reminder of that, read 'Not A Clue by Charley Reese.' Charley, as always, describes what is going on with the 'W' bunch much better than I could ever hope to.

No, I want to talk about what is next. What is gonna happen in 2008? To try to answer that, I have thought back on history as I know it. Harry Truman was president when I was born, but I don't remember him directly, only the stories I have heard. I do remember Eisenhower and all of the subsequent presidents. It seems to me that the overall trend in quality of presidents from Ike to now has been downhill. Seems like each one is worse than the last. If that trend contines, we can probably expect Hillary Clinton to be the next president. She is about the only living person that I can think of that would make a worse president than 'W'. Will the trend continue? I don't know. Can this nation survive a administration worse than the current one? I doubt it. Can this nation survive the current administration? Some times I doubt that as well.

If you live in the USA, its time you asked yourself, where are we headed as a nation. If you are happy with what you see and the direction you think we are taking, fine for you. As for me, I think that we need to alter directions and a good start to that would be to elect someone to the office of president in 2008 that is better, not worse, than 'W".

No comments: