Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bye Bye Verizon, Hello T-Mobile

Time to change cellular phone carriers. Overall, I have been pretty happy with Verizon Wireless, but T-Mobile has a better deal for the same money I am spending now. Also T-Mobile is GSM, so if I drop my phone and crack the screen, like I recently did with my Verizon phone, I can just remove the SIM card and put it in a new phone. I already have a couple of spares that I picked up at garage sales for next to nothing.

I made the swap from Verizon to T-Mobile on line and was happy with everything, except they did not transfer my old number like the web page indicated they would. I talked to customer service and they took care of it while I was talking to them on the phone. But a word to the wise, if you transfer to T-Mobile online and your old number does not get transferred right away, give their customer service number a call. They are nice folks and they work fast.

An added benefit of getting T-Mobile for me is their unlimited mobile to mobile option. My sister and daughter both have T-Mobile so I can call their cell phones anytime without using any of my anytime minutes. The unlimited mobile to mobile option costs $5.99 per month but it seems like a bargain to me.

No comments: