Thursday, October 07, 2004

No Diesel Yet

Well my efforts to find a diesel vehicle have not yet met with success. No calls on my Thrifty Nickel Ad. I've missed a couple of fairly good prospects on eBay. One while we were gone to Florida and another, down the road in Thorsby, that was posted as a Buy It Now and snapped up. Now I have started checking the recently listed items a few times per day so maybe that won't happen again.

This extended search time has enabled me to do more research and to come up with some plans of my own. I've done some online searchs for thermal transfer rates and other data. Based on what I have found, I think I will use coiled copper tubing for a heating element. It will enable me to have no joints in the tank itself and be a lot less likely to leak coolant in the veggie oil tank. Also I may use copper lines for coolant instead of the normal rubber lines. I figure if I use copper for coolant and copper for veggie oil and encase all of them in thermal pipe wrap, I can eliminate the need to put the fuel line in one of the coolant lines.

No comments: