Tuesday, October 12, 2004

It's Hard To Get a Receipt

Every so often, I get up a load of things that I no longer need and donate them to a local charity. Usually it is the Hannah Home / Kings Ranch. They do good work and are located only a few miles from me, so it is convenient. I always get a receipt because when I do my taxes, I check to see if I am better off itemizing, usually I am. The only trouble is that I seem to always go when the attendant has walked off. This morning I left around mid-morning going to Coosa County. I had a load of things that my daughter had gotten up yesterday to donate so I went by the donation location for HH/KR in Alabaster. Trailers were all there, wide open, but no attendant. No problem, I'll just come back through Sylacauga on my way back and leave it there.

In all fairness to the guy at Sylacauga, I went by there around 12:20, so I guess he was gone to lunch. I've never known for sure what days and hours the HH/KR donation locations are manned. I suspect that there is someone there most of the time, I think that I am just very bad at picking my time to donate. If anyone out there has some insight on this matter or has a similiar experience, I would like to hear about it. Is it just me? Is my timing bad? Do most people who donate have this problem, or is it just that most folks don't get a receipt?

No comments: