Thursday, October 28, 2004

Got a Mercedes for Veggie Conversion

Well, I found one. Tuesday, I was watching several prospective Mercedes on Ebay. One was of particular interest to me. I had sent a couple of questions to the seller and his answers indicated that this was the car I was looking for so I used the Buy It Now option. I left the Greyhound station in Birmingham at 9:00 PM Tuesday night and arrived at Pittsburgh at 3:00 PM Wednesday. The seller was there to meet me and took me back to where the car was located, near Kittanning. We got the transfer paperwork completed, filled the tank with diesel and I started down the road.

I originally intended to stop for the night in Cincinnati, but got sleepy early. When I got too sleepy to continue on safely, I was in a remote area with no motels so I pulled into a rest area and slept for an hour. When I woke up, I started back driving and drove until about 4:00 AM this morning. I got sleepy again and pulled into another rest area and slept for another hour. After that, I drove the rest of the way in and arrived home about Noon today.

The car is a 1979 Mercedes 300D with about 283K on it. It runs good and I had no problems during the nearly 900 mile trip home. Tomorrow I start evaluating the car to see what changes I have to make to my custom WVO conversion plans to use them with this specific vehicle.

No comments: