Thursday, March 18, 2010

AL.com Comments

I know, I've bitched about them before, but I can't help it. I just finished reading some articles on AL.com and for some masochistic reason, I read the comments. My experience frustrated me so much that I just have to vent.

I have lived in Alabama all my life and have traveled in the United States a bit. I have met people in lots of places and for the most part, I found them all to be very similar. I don't think that the folks in other places are that much smarter or more impressive than the folks I have known in Alabama. But, when I read the comments on AL.com, I wonder who in the hell are the people that are writing them? I'm not talking about spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization or anything like that. After all, its the internet, those things don't count for as much and we all take short cuts. Nope, I am talking about stupid, stupid, stupid remarks. Who are these idiots that perpetrate this madness?

I could give you examples, but it pains me too much to recount what I have read. Better I just rant here to blow off a little steam. If you doubt me, go to AL.com and click on an article, any article and read the comments and then see if I am wrong.

No comments: