Monday, June 12, 2006

Schools Out, Check Your Order Before Leaving The Window

Those of you (all three of you) who routinely check my Blog know that I frequent fast food drive thru windows. You also know that I have had some on going problems with several in this area. The one bright spot in all this has been the local McDonald's but last week they let me down. I drove up to the outside speaker to order but could not get any response. I drove around the building and pulled up to the other speaker and was able to place my order. When I got to the window to pay, a young guy who I had never seen before casually took my money. I pulled to the next window and a young lady who I had never seen before shoved a bag at me and I drove off. Later when I checked the bag, my two double cheeseburgers, two medium fries and two apple pies were actually two cheeseburgers, one big mac and a small fry.

I've thought about this and I think that what is happening is kids are out of school for the summer, maybe even graduated and are looking for summer jobs. Many are probably going to college this fall and see this demeaning work as necessary to get them thru the summer. They don't give a fat rats ass whats in the sack, just get thru 8 and collect that minimum wage check.

While you are at it, be careful where you get your oil changed. When my daughter was in college at Auburn, she took her car to Express Oil Change , had them change the oil and then drove back to her apartment. A hour or so later she went to get back in the car and there was a big puddle of oil on the ground underneath the car. She called Express Oil Change and they sent someone over. Turns out the person who put the oil filter on did not tighten it down sufficently. Apparently he also did not check for leaks when the car was started. I can't prove it, but I have always suspected that the employee in question was some student working part time to help out with finances. Don't get me wrong, I think that is commendable and I am sure that most young workers do a good job, but if they see the work as beneath them and just a way to get some money, quality suffers.

Don't forget, Schools Out, Check Your Order Before Driving Off.

No comments: