Friday, June 30, 2006

Another Reason Why I Like Yard Sales and Flea Markets

This morning I was reading a story in The Collectors Newsletter #435 June 2006 from TAIS.COM . Some one named Robin R. had written about a recent experience she had at a local flea market. In the article she was describing a print set she had found. She said, "there was something about it that kept drawing me to it. You know that feeling you get when you find certain items. Its not even a memory, more of a feeling that somehow takes you back in time. Love that feeling! " When I read those words, I knew exactly what she meant. Its a kind of warm nostalgia that comes to you when you see something from the past. Something that takes you back to a happy time or place.

This week I have been going through some of the papers from the desk at my fathers garage. They date from 1959 to 1985. I saw names of people that I had long ago forgotten and papers about transactions and events that I wasn't previously aware of, but all of it gave me that warm nostalgia just like I so often get at flea markets and yard sales.

No comments: