Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Victors Muffler Bandage

During the time that I have been modifying the Mercedes, I noticed
that it had started to have a small but annoying exhaust leak. The
hole was in the pipe from the manifold to the muffler, just before the
muffler. Several weeks ago, I ordered a Victor's Muffler Bandage kit
from someone on the Internet. I think it was AceHardware.com. Anyway,
day before yesterday I finally made time to put it on the leaking
pipe. Although the location of the leak made it some what difficult
to apply the bandage, with a little time and effort I was able to get
the leak covered. I know this is just a temporary fix and that I will
eventually need to replace the front pipe if not the complete exhaust
system, but this was quick, easy, cheap and for the time being quite
effective.

No comments: