Friday, July 08, 2005

Found a pump that works

After two failed attempts with electric pumps, I have found a pump that works for collecting oil.
Originally, I intend to use a vacuum pump to draw the oil into a tank, but to date I have not
found a suitable tank. Since I had a 55 gallon drum filling up behind a local restaurant, I had to
start pumping. With the failure of the second electric pump, I went to the McMaster-Carr website
and did some searching. I found hand operated diaphragm pumps and purchased the model 400-H for
under $50. Took it to the restaurant yesterday and was able to pump out the barrel with ease. It
has a capacity of 10 gpm so the pumping was surprisingly fast. I don't know how long this pump
will hold up, but so far it looks good.


__________________________________
Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out!
http://discover.yahoo.com/

No comments: