Thursday, September 03, 2009

Health Care Reform

I have been withholding judgement on health care reform up until now. First, because it will have a limited effect on me. I have good insurance right now and I will be 65 in 3 years and forced into a government run system whether I like it or not. Second, because while I know that the present system sucks, I don't trust the government to make anything better. Truth is, the system we have now is as screwed up as it is because of previous government intervention. And third, I did not feel like I had enough information to make a valid judgement.

That all changed a few minutes ago. I read this article that says the current plan being talked about would use the IRS as the primary tool to assure that our national insurance situation improved. Of all the people, places, and things in this world that I could imagine turning responsibility for my health care over to, the very last one that I would ever consider would be the IRS. If this is the best that congress can do, they need to close up shop and come home.

No comments: