Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mule Day is coming

No luck yet on locating a suitable Mercedes 240D. Got close to getting one on eBay earlier in the week, but I had to run a errand and it closed while I was gone. Some one snipped it for 50 bucks more than I had bid. I suppose one way to look at it is that I could have bid 50 bucks more originally, but then I suspect someone else would have snipped it. Seems there is always someone out there with deeper pockets bidding on eBay. Most of the luck I have now is with "Buy It Now." I probably won't be following it as actively over the next couple of weeks because I have to prepare for Mule Day in Winfield, AL. It will be Saturday, September 25. I'll be set up selling my usual camo items. Winfield really has a great Mule Day. The folks are friendly and there is plenty to do. I've only been to one other Mule Day and that is the one in Columbia, TN. Much bigger production, lot more mules and mule related activities, but I have to say I have never seen a more inhospitable town than Columbia, TN. Tried it three years in a row. Never made any money. They acted like they were doing me a favor renting me a space and then did their best to see to it that I had no place to park my vehicle. I'll not be darkening their door again.

No comments: