Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mi Español

As I reported back in December of last year I have renewed my efforts to learn Spanish. It is going slow, but that is mostly by design. I have set the flash cards that I am using to only provide 3 new words or phrases per day. Some of them I already know, most I learn within a half dozen tries and some are hard as hell. Many verbs still give me fits. This morning I was looking at something on the net and it reminded me of the scene in Casablanca with Carl the waiter and the old German couple who are immigrating to America. I am sure you know the one I am talking about. Anyway, it dawned on me that if and when I ever get in a conversation with someone that is speaking Spanish, I will probably sound to them like that old couple sounds to us.

No comments: