Sunday, December 04, 2011

South Dakota and Saskatchewan

Back in 2008 I took a trip up to Alaska. It was great and I hope to get back up there real soon. I drove up through Canada instead of taking the Marine Highway. They say that the ferry ride is great and the sights are spectacular but I really wanted to drive the Alaska Highway.

The trip took me through several states and five Canadian provinces. I enjoyed the entire trip and all the scenery but there were two places in particular that just struck me the right way. That may sound funny and I am not sure I can explain it but you know how sometimes something just feels right? Linda says that sometimes about stores or houses. She says that she can just feel a good feeling or a bad feeling when she walks in the door. I don't know that I exactly understand it but I have to admit that the time I spent in South Dakota on the way up and in Saskatchewan on the way back just felt right. I suspect that a lot of it has to do with the people I encountered when I stopped to eat or to fuel up but I can't say that for sure. I do remember talking to some folks that seemed real friendly in both places but I talked to friendly folks in other places as well. I feel like there is more to it than that but like I say, I can't exactly put my finger on what it was.

If you get a chance to visit either of those places, see if you experience what I experienced and if you do email me and tell me about it.

No comments: