Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hwy 11 Antique Alley Sale

Friday I went from Trussville, AL to Chattanooga, TN on the Hwy 11 Antique Alley Sale, or as we call it around here, 'the springtime sale.' That distinguishes it form the big one in the fall, The World's Longest Yard Sale, aka The 450 mile sale or Hwy 127 Corridor Sale. Of course around here (Central Alabama) we call it 'the fall sale.'

I always go the full distance on the WLYS, but have only gone the entire lenght of the Hwy 11 sale once. This year I only went for one day on the Hwy 11 sale as I had no one to keep the dogs. Crowds and vendors seemed to be off a bit, I suspect due to higher fuel prices. It will take a while for folks budgets to accomodate the higher fuel cost.

If anybody out there took in the other parts of this years Hwy 11 sale, I would love to hear from you. Anything happening between Birmingham and Meridian?

No comments: